Chicken pulao is one of the delicious recipes that add life to every gathering.
Here is the quickest recipe for chicken pulao.
• 2 cups Basmati Rice, washed and soaked (minimum 45 minutes)
• 2 lb(0.5kg) whole chicken (bone-in, mixed pieces)
• 1/2 cup Cooking oil
• 3 onions diced
• 1tsp garlic paste
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 2 tsp salt
• Tomatoes 2-3
• 1/4 cup yogurt
• 2 tsp coriander powder
• 1 tsp whole black pepper
• 1 tsp white pepper powder
• 1 tsp Turmeric powder
• 1 tsp Garam masala
• 1 tbsp chicken powder
• 1 Hand full chopped mint
• 1 Hand full chopped Cilantro
• 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
• 1/4 teaspoon black cumin
• 2 small pieces of cinnamon
• 1/4 cup fried onion
• 5-6 cardamoms
• 5-6 whole red chilies
• 2-3 bay leaves
• 4-5 whole green chilies (not spicy)
• 3 Red Jalapenos(sliced)
• 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
• Lemon (for garnishing)
1. Take a medium-sized pot. Add about 1/2 cup of oil along with 5-6 pods of cardamom, 2 small pieces of cinnamon stick, a quarter teaspoon of cumin seeds, and black cumin. Heat it on a medium flame for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add 2lb chicken (according to your choice) into the pot. Add 1 tablespoon paste of garlic and ginger.
3. Heat it for 2-5 minutes on a high flame. Then add 1/4 cup of fried onion and yogurt as mentioned above.
4. Add all the spices (white pepper, salt, chicken powder, garam masala). Cook it well for 5 minutes on medium flame and then add 1-2 sliced tomatoes, green chilies (sliced), Chopped cilantro, chopped mint, 2-3 tablespoon of water, cover it and leave it on a medium flame for 15 minutes.
5. Now, mix it well and add dried plums, add 1 cup of water and allow it to boil. Let the water boil and simmer on a low flame until the chicken is done. Add about 2 cups of soaked rice to the mixture, add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Add 2-3 pieces of jalapenos and green chilies to the mixture.
6. Mix it well and cook it until all the water has evaporated. Then close the lid tightly for 5-10 minutes until the rice is done and all the water evaporated.
How to serve:
I suggest serving vegetable pulao with the following:
You can serve it with cucumber or red onion raita. To make simply grate or chop half a cucumber, wrap in a towel and squeeze out excess water, then add to 1 cup of yogurt with some chopped mint leaves or chutney, salt, and some chopped green chili.
Along With pickle and papad:
As this is a subtle dish, it works well with some pickle and roasted or fried papad.
Yogurt with some sliced red onions moistened with lemon or lime or Garnish it with pieces of lemon and chopped cilantro. Serve it with chutney and enjoy.