Aloo Palak, or Spinach and Potato Curry, is one of the most famous vegetarian Indian or Pakistani recipes. It is generally dry, or stir-fried so that there isn’t any ‘curry’.
Aloo Palak is the ideal recipe for getting in a fixed amount of spinach in the most delicious way. Plus, it’s a superb way to use up wilting spinach.
The outshine part about this recipe is there are no additional, unnecessary, or hard-to-find ingredients. You’ll need:
1) Spinach – You can use fresh or either frozen spinach. The amount of spinach can also decrease if you want to adopt it that way.
2) Potatoes – 1 very large potato would work as would two small russet potatoes
3) Oil, onions, tomatoes, green chili peppers – required for almost all south Asian cooking
4) Garlic & Ginger – It generally crushes in a mortar or pestle or in a food processor. You can also use or prefer the paste if that’s the same as what you have.
5) Spices: Garam masala is optional but to make Aloo PALAK more delicious, We will need cumin seeds along with other spice powders such as coriander, cumin, red chili, and turmeric.
HOW TO MAKE ALOO PALAK:
Using a food processor, chop the spinach leaves. You can also use a food processor to chop the onion & tomato as well.
Put some salt in water and boil potatoes in it. Alternately, you can also leave the potatoes raw and cook them along with the spinach.
Chop the onion and make its paste, then add the garlic, ginger, and green chili pepper.
Mix the tomatoes, spices, and salt in it and allow the potatoes to soften.
Add the spinach and stir-fry to cut down. If it is taking more time, add a bit of water and cover to cook.
Toss inside the boiled potatoes and stir to coat. Moisten in a bit of lime or lemon and serve hot.
Serve a bowl of reliable Spinach and Potato Curry (Aloo Palak) with roti.
Preparation for THIS SPINACH AND POTATO CURRY:
Uncovered the pan. It ensures that the spinach retains its vibrant green color, taste, and nutrients. If you want to cook spinach further, add some water and cook it on low heat until it gets its raw taste.
Various types of spinach will require different cook times. Bunch spinach takes a bit of time while baby spinach cooks faster.
Boil the potatoes so later you can start cooking the spinach alongside. you can add potatoes after cooking down the spinach if you want to skip boiling the potatoes. Add 1/4 cup water along with the potatoes, cover, and allow potatoes to cook on low heat for 20-25 minutes, or until serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH ALOO PALAK:
Aloo Palak is a ‘dry’ curry, it is generally eaten with roti, naan, or paratha. But you can also pair it well with rice, a slice of bread, or just about anything you’d like.