Vegetable Chowmein | Chowmein Recipe:
A Chinese stir-fried noodle dish which is now a popular street food dish across the globe, specifically in Asia. Being a popular dish across countries, Chowmien is made in different ways with many different variations in different places, this one here is the quickest and easiest Chowmein recipe, made under 30 minutes. Serve as a brunch or breakfast that kids would just love. You can also serve this as an evening snack or a side for an oriental dinner.
Ingredients in Vegetable Chowmein Recipe:
Loaded with veggies and spices, this recipe boasts of glossy noodles tossed with vegetables like onion and celery along with all the classic condiments – soya sauce, celery, vinegar and chili sauce.
- 200 gms fresh noodles
- 5 cups water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp chilli sauce
- 1 cup green and red capsicum
- 1 cup mushroom
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp spring onion
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
How to Make Vegetable Chowmein
1. Take water in a pan, add salt followed by olive oil and bring to boil.
2. Add noodles and cook ‘bite like’ — just blanch if fresh and cook longer if dry.
3. Drain immediately and cool under running water till noodles are thoroughly cooled.
4. Work 1 tablespoon of the oil into the noodles and leave in the colander till required.
5. Keep aside a small bowl of green chilli dipped in vinegar for garnishing.
6. Now, heat some oil in a heavy bottom pan and stir- fry garlic, ginger garlic paste and onions over high heat till onions are golden brown..
7. Add celery and mushrooms followed by red and green capsicum along with carrot. Stir well.
8. Now add salt, black pepper powder, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, soy sauce and vinegar to veggie mixture. Mix well.
9. Add the noodles to this and stir well till it is thoroughly mixed.
10. Garnish with red capsicum and pour the prepared green-chilli vinegar mix on top.
11. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: fresh noodles, water, salt, ginger garlic paste, chili powder, onion, soy sauce, salt, celery, vinegar, chili sauce, green and red capsicum, mushroom, carrot, green chilies, tomato sauce, spring onion, garlic, black pepper powder